Property Manager - Full or Part Time
Click here for a complete description of this job
COMMERCIAL PROPERTY MANAGEMENT EXPERIENCE WITH OFFICE BUILDINGS
Somerset Properties is looking for a first-class PM to manage a Class A downtown office building in Charlotte, NC. The applicant should be a self-motivated, confident and passionate real estate manager who strives to provide above and beyond services in every way.
- Construction: Must have prior project management experience for building renovations, capital improvements and tenant improvements.
- Tenants: Manage move-in process to tenants’ satisfaction. Visit tenants regularly and maintain a positive, productive and professional relationship. Complete legal documents pertaining to lease administration and administer the lease. Assist with tenant renewals, expansions and contractions.
- Property Inspection and Maintenance :Regularly inspect and evaluate all building equipment, systems and grounds to ensure that the appearance and operation of the company’s properties meet company standards. Develop and maintain emergency procedures and preventative maintenance programs for all buildings.
- Work Orders: Oversee the work order system to ensure that tenant service calls are handled within one hour and to 100% customer satisfaction.
- Contracts: Negotiate contracts with key outside contractors to provide services as required. Ensure that work performed by contractors is performed timely and appropriately and with applicable liability/insurance coverage.
- Budgets: Develop and manage the annual budgets for assigned properties and ensure properties operate within budget. Review monthly operating reports and explain budget variances. Review quarterly trial balances and ensure proper allocation of service costs. Manage collection of accounts receivable and operating expenses. Manage approved capital expenditures.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Education and/or Experience
- High school diploma or GED required.
- Bachelor’s degree from four-year college or university preferred.
- 5 years of property management experience.
- At least two years prior supervisory experience.
- Excellent verbal and written communications.
- Ability to read and interpret documents such as leases, safety rules, operating and maintenance instructions, and procedure manuals.
- Ability to speak effectively before tenants or employees of organization.
- Ability to add, subtract, multiply, and divide in all units of measure, using whole numbers, common fractions, and decimals.
- Ability to compute rate, ratio, and percent and to draw and interpret bar graphs.
To perform this job successfully, an individual should have ability to use Microsoft Excel, Word, Outlook and PowerPoint.
Ability to apply common sense and understanding to carry out detailed but uninvolved written or oral instructions. Ability to deal with problems involving a few concrete variables in standardized situations.
Internal and External Contacts Interface regularly in both verbal and written form with all levels of employees regarding a wide range of property management and other matters relating to Somerset.
Interface with various departments within the Company.
Extensive contact with tenants and outside vendors.
Some matters handled may be of a confidential nature.
Certificates, Licenses, Registrations
- CCIM, CPM or RPA designation.
- State real estate sales license preferred.
- Valid drivers’ license and own transportation.
Other Skills and Abilities
- Demonstrated commitment to customer service and a track record of exceeding customer expectations.
- Well-developed analytical and interpersonal skills.
- Self-starter, but can function effectively as part of a team.
- Excellent time management skills and a proven ability to meet deadlines.
- Strong negotiation skills.
The physical demands described are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job.Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Involves work of a general office nature usually performed sitting such as answering the phone and operation of a computer and calculator.
- Involves work of a general office nature usually performed standing such as operation of a photocopier and a fax machine.
- Involves movement between departments to facilitate workflow.
How To Apply
Contact Andrea Miller