BOMI International offers professional development courses and programs for personnel with property, facility, or systems responsibilities. All of our courses may be applied toward one or more of our certificate or designation programs, making it easy to (1) start with a course, (2) earn a certificate, and (3) achieve your designation.
Our industry-recognized courses and programs have been proven to reduce operating expenses, increase overall efficiency, and enhance individual performance, adding value to any organization and making BOMI International the trusted source for education by many industry professionals and employers.
Environmental Health & Safety Issues
3-day accelerated format
Dates: April 22, 23 & 24, 2020
Location: Charlotte, NC
Environmental Health and Safety Issues presents best practices for developing and managing an effective environmental health and safety program. You will learn about the regulatory process and how it affects facilities. Compliance with laws and regulations is a key focus. The course will prepare you to conduct site assessments, analyze risk, and cooperate with compliance audits. The course also guides learners through the planning process to mitigate the risk from any workplace emergency, specifically addressing hazardous materials, air quality, water pollution, asbestos and lead hazards, and tank management. The management of and response to specific indoor environmental quality complaints is also addressed.
Upon successful completion of this course, learners will be able to:
- Develop and manage an effective environmental health and safety program, integrating sustainable best practices wherever appropriate
- Ensure that your facilities are in compliance with Federal, state, and local regulatory mandates
- Assess environmental risk factors and prepare for compliance audits
- Address emergency environmental health situations through proper planning and incident response
- Maintain health and safety records in accordance with industry best practices
- Manage indoor environmental quality complaints related to air, water, mold, radon, asbestos, and other environmental hazards
- Execute appropriate record keeping, reporting, and other requirements associated with aboveground and underground storage tank regulations
- Design and implement a waste management program, including recycling and disposal of all forms of waste including landfills waste, hazardous waste, universal, electronic, and tenant-generated waste
Key topic areas:
regulatory overview, including OSHA and EPA regulations • hazard communication and emergency response • asbestos and lead management • office and industrial ergonomics • indoor air quality, air emissions, and pollution control • storage tanks, hazardous waste, and site assessment • audits, record keeping, and legal issues