(costs include virtual book only, for a physical book, add on $40)
Thank you to the support of our Platinum sponsors, we are able to offer scholarships for Emerging Professionals in the amount of $500 each. To be eligible for this scholarship, you must meet the following criteria:
- Be a current member of BOMA Greater Charlotte
- Be available to take this class on the dates it is scheduled for
- Understand that the balance of the class ($350) will be the responsibility of the student or their company
To apply for the scholarship, please e-mail Heather Hopkins (email@example.com). Your e-mail should outline your current role in Commercial Property Management and how this class will help you to obtain future goals.
Please contact Heather Hopkins for details and the application.
Class Name: Ethics Is Good Business® ShortCourse
In Person Class
Date: September 16, 2022, 9AM-1PM
Key Topic Areas: • the triple bottom line • tenant relations • confidentiality • recordkeeping • trade secrets • proper use of funds • conflicts of interest
Applies To: FMA® and RPA® designations
Class Name: Asset Management
3-Day Accelerated In Person Class
Dates: November 16, 17 & 18, 2022, 9AM-4PM
Instructor: David Corpening
Key Topic Areas: • developing an asset management plan, including appropriate resources associated with the current economy • measuring financial and operational objectives, including audits and reasons for them • managing and marketing strategies for retaining and attracting tenants • acquiring, disposing of, and evaluating troubled properties for sound decision making
Applies To: PMFP certificate, FMA® and RPA® designations
As of January 4, 2021, BOMI has made the following changes to their education experience for both the RPA and FMA designations:
- All course exams will now be taken in BOMI's learning portal
- Learners can take their exam immediately after finishing their course no scheduling needed
- No travel time or expense, saving seven visits to a Pearson VUE testing center
- Course exams are timed, but not proctored, reducing test anxiety
Capstone Experience Form
We've modified the RPA® and FMA® Experience Form for the Capstone program to require employment verification history only.
· No notary required
· No employer skill-evaluation required
The Capstone Experience Exam
Maintaining program integrity and credibility is the highest priority for BOMI International. Under the new program, once all RPA® and/or FMA® course requirements are complete, learners will take a culminating RPA®/FMA® Capstone Experience Exam. The RPA®/FMA® Capstone Experience Exam includes:
· Two-hour, 100-question multiple choice exam
· Proctored exam to be taken at Pearson VUE
· Questions are application-based, using scenarios that rely on the learners' three years of experience in commercial property and facility management
· Optional Online Self-Paced Capstone Experience Exam prep courses are available for the RPA® and FMA®
What if I am currently enrolled in the RPA® or FMA® designation?
Current learners can opt-in to the new Capstone Experience program. Those who wish to stay with their current program have until December 31, 2021 to complete their designation. New learners as of January 1, 2021 will automatically be enrolled in the Capstone Experience program.
New Certificate Available in 2021 The Business of Buildings Certificate Program
This two-day intensive certificate program will be offered virtually this year, covering the fundamental competencies of asset management, and gain a better understanding of how to communicate with the owner and asset manager. You will also have the chance to work with a small group of other participants virtually to complete a capstone challenge members of the winning team will receive a prize!
The program will be offered on 2/10/21 & 2/11/21 and cover such topics as:
- Asset Management through the Lens of the Investment Cycle
- Impacting the Bottom Line: Creating Asset Value and Controlling Costs
- Making Strategic Decisions Based on Economic Trends and Market Conditions
- Capital Planning for Increased Financial Returns
- Developing a Leasing Plan to Maximize Value
This certificate may be applied as ten credit hours to the point requirement in the Continuing Professional Development (CPD) program to maintain active status in the BOMI International RPA and FMA designation programs. It may also be applied for ten hours toward the education hours required to take the Certified Manager of Commercial Properties (CMCP) exam, or continuing education unit for other education requirements.
To register or for more information, please click here.
BOMI International offers professional development courses and programs for personnel with property, facility, or systems responsibilities. All of our courses may be applied toward one or more of our certificate or designation programs, making it easy to (1) start with a course, (2) earn a certificate, and (3) achieve your designation - viewed as a mark of excellence and distinction in the proprety and facility management industries.
Our industry-recognized courses and programs have been proven to reduce operating expenses, increase overall efficiency, and enhance individual performance, adding value to any organization and making BOMI International the trusted source for education by many industry professionals and employers.
Learn more about our programs and courses with an interactive overview brochure.
Take the first step in building a successful career in commercial real estate with the new Certified Manager of Commercial Properties™ (CMCP™). Designed for early-career property professionals who are looking to validate their industry knowledge, this new certification will take your career to the next level.
As the only certification of its kind in the industry, the CMCP™ communicates your ability to be an effective commercial property manager and your strong understanding of the responsibilities of the role.CMCP™ Advantages:
- Offers recognition early in one's career (typically 15 years of experience).
- Requires 30-hours of instruction (met by the Exam Preparation Course below).
- Validates foundational knowledge in key areas of property management.
- Evaluates readiness for additional training, responsibilities and career advancement.
- Quickly assists employers with on-boarding new property managers and assessing industry knowledge and career potential.