Enhance the level of professionalism and ethics
- Our goal is to maximize the level of professionalism, industry knowledge and ethics in the market. Our membership consists of property management professionals, owners, developers and vendors, many of whom have years of experience but also those that are new to the business. Our seasoned managers give back to the industry by sharing their experience and knowledge with newcomers. While many of us are competitors, we encourage our members to share information both to educate and help increase the level of professionalism in the industry, without divulging privileged information.
- A key focus of BOMA Greater Charlotte is to educate its members on industry trends, upcoming concerns, and current market conditions through regular luncheon meetings, ethics classes, webinars, conferences and networking events. Through the BOMI Institute, BOMA offers its members the most comprehensive educational resource for commercial real estate professionals, giving candidates the resources to achieve industry designations. In addition, BOMA publishes many research tools including the Experience Exchange Report, and sets standards for the industry such as the 'BOMA standard method of measurement" used by most real estate professionals when measuring square footage.. We are committed to quality education for our membership.
Commercial real estate industry
- In addition to property management professionals, members include building owners, developers and vendors representing all types of industries related to the commercial real estate industry. Members manage properties for private owners, REITs, Institutional clients, Non-profits and Corporations. Properties under management include office, industrial, laboratories, retail, flex, airports, dormitories, jails and condos. The diversity of projects and the wide-range of experience offered by our members gives everyone an opportunity to increase their scope and knowledge.
- BOMA fights for legislation friendly to the commercial real estate market on both the local and national level. Recently, at the local level we lobbied to have the NC Rehab Code accepted statewide. On a national level, a full staff works on legislative issues and are often called in as experts when the national government needs input on matters relating to our industry. In this area it is critical that we work in force, rather than as individuals, if we wish to make a difference. In 2007 BOMA International had some important victories. Most significant was the passage of key legislation to extend the federal terrorism risk insurance program and we continue to have victories in the adoption of BOMA supported building codes in key jurisdictions.
Development of strategic relationships
- Our meetings foster the development of strategic relationships. These are networking opportunities that will help build your business, and provide essential resources. Your fellow members are a great source of information and through the BOMA membership directory you have an opportunity to cultivate these relationships.