Industrial Property Manager
ABOUT THE POSITION
We are currently seeking an Industrial Property Manager to join our growing team in Charlotte. The primary responsibility will be to manage a portfolio of owned industrial properties in the greater Charlotte Market. The Property Manager will report to the Director of Property Management and will play a critical role within our organization. The ideal candidate must be attracted to a fast-paced environment where responsiveness and customer service are highly valued. The candidate should also be a problem solver who is highly analytical, decisive, and able to operate independently.
· Responsible for maintaining assigned properties in good order and condition by contracting and scheduling necessary repairs and maintenance.
· Establish and maintain tenant relationships. Answer tenant phone calls, emails, letters, and requests for information and repairs. Visit tenants when on-site. Refer tenants to vendors when appropriate.
· Negotiate all vendor contracts. Receive and review bids to ensure appropriate level of service and compare pricing points.
· Supervise all vendors, including scheduling work to be performed, verifying that all work was completed as per contract or agreement and within price structure agreed upon. Request Insurance Certificates.
· Prepare annual budgets for properties based on management agreements and instructions from owner’s representative. Prepare operating budget, capital budgets, escalations, and year-end projections.
· Prepare annual reconciliation of common area maintenance charges, insurance, and real estate taxes for each tenant account and secure payment from tenants.
· Review and approve monthly accounting reports for properties (General ledger package, vacancy report, miscellaneous reports requested by owner), focusing on ensuring that building operations are in line with the approved budget.
· Responsible for preparing all aspects of monthly and/or quarterly financial reports including Executive Summary, variance explanations and forecasting.
· Coordinate Tenant Move-In (welcome letter, signage, keys, emergency procedures, etc.)
· Coordinate Tenant Move-Out (suite walk-through, security deposit, keys, cleaning, etc.).
· Review invoices for approval, coding, and compliance with budget.
· Approval of rent-up reports prior to monthly posting by accounting.
· Track utility and regular maintenance charges to ensure payment.
· Responsible for timely collection of all tenant charges. Track aged delinquency report, follow up on past due balances and follow lease protocol for default notices. Work with legal counsel to handle all steps of the eviction process when necessary.
· Assist as needed managing minor tenant upfits.
· Assist as needed during lease negotiations and occasionally show space in absence of leasing agent.
MINIMUM PHYSICAL REQUIREMENTS
· The physical demands of the job require the employee to stand, walk, bend, sit for extended periods of time and occasionally lift, carry and/or move items. Additionally, the employee will be required to drive to a property, walk on uneven ground, walk through a construction site and occasionally be exposed to dust or fumes.
EDUCATION, EXPERIENCE, AND CERTIFICATIONS
· Bachelor’s degree required, Real Estate or related field preferred.
· A minimum of five (5) years of experience directly managing commercial real estate with a preference for industrial experience.
· Strong understanding of real estate operating & capital budgets, and property operations.
· Experience in budget preparation, financial reporting, and familiarity with property accounting system such MRI is preferred.
· General understanding of commercial construction and experience managing minor tenant upfits.
· CPM and/or RPA designation or candidate, and current Real Estate License is desirable, but not required.
· Strong proficiency in Excel and MS Office suite.
CRITICAL CHARACTER TRAITS, SKILLS AND ABILITIES:
· Only individuals with the highest personal character will be considered. High Integrity, a desire to pursue excellence, a strong work ethic, optimism, a strong desire to serve others, and a commitment to doing business the right way are prerequisites for consideration.
· A team player with outstanding verbal and written communication skills and an ability to build strong relationships with our internal stakeholders.
· Ability to multi-task, solve practical problems and deal with a variety of variables and situations.
· Ability to read, analyze, and interpret legal documents (leases, management agreements, etc.).
How To Apply
Qualified candidates, please email your resume to firstname.lastname@example.org. No calls or other correspondence, please.
Founded in 1989, Beacon Partners is one of the largest privately held owners of industrial and office properties in the Carolinas. We have invested over $2.4B in real estate projects and developed and acquired more than 30.4M SF. Today we lease, own, or manage more than 14.5M SF of property throughout the Carolinas. Our primary focus is acquiring and developing well located industrial and urban infill office and mixed-use properties but at our core, we work to serve others by reinvesting into the future of our community.