As always, if you have any questions, please reach out to Crystal Smyth, BAE, to me at Elizabeth.Fulk@fox.com, or to any of our board members.
- Make the time to get involved. Period. You'll never find time for anything if you want time, you have to make it. Attend everything you can, whether virtually or in-person. There are so many upcoming opportunities to do so - the Luncheon next week, the Christmas in July party, the Annual Membership Meeting in Charleston and a few small group events that will be announced soon. New to the group and don't know anyone? Attend anyway! We were all new to BOMA once and all it takes is a little time and effort and you'll make lasting connections.
- Commit to obtaining a BOMI designation. For starters, you'll learn more than you ever thought about every aspect of Property Management. But you'll also set yourself apart from your peers...an asset in today's competitive workforce.
- Be an active participant in a committee. The best connections are made being a part of a group and working together to achieve the vision and mission of the committee. The first 30 minutes of next week's luncheon will be a "Committee Rush" and it's a perfect opportunity to talk with the committee chairs and find your niche.
- Be a part of making an impact on the industry. Our Advocacy Committee is a great place to learn about local and state issues for commercial real estate and how to steer the advocacy efforts of the organization.
- Be a part of making an impact on the community. Our donation drives are an easy place to help those in need. And nothing feels as good as volunteering in person and seeing firsthand how our efforts better the world around us! Don't miss the Outreach section below for the Bright Blessings drive and our volunteer opportunity with Atrium Health. For you early birds, come join me for the 6:30am shift this Saturday!
Meet our April Newsletter Sponsor:
O'Leary Group Waste Systems
Our Complete Approach.
Our approach to waste management isn't haul-istic. It's holistic.
At O'Leary Waste we are always committed to representing the best interests of our customers. That means designing cost-effective solutions, recommending the right equipment, and developing an appropriate service schedule. We're waste haulers. But we don't have to look like it. We take great pride ensuring that our trucks are among the cleanest, because after all, we're really in the business of creating a cleaner world. That's the O'Leary "Holistic"approach to waste hauling. Contact Robin Turner or Liz Orlando for a consultation.
Our OUTREACH page is full of details about upcoming events and inspiring articles showing members making a difference in the community.
Thank you to all of our members who donated to the Ronald McDonald House donation drive and who joined the Share A Night t-shirt team! Below are a few upcoming ways to make a difference in our local community:
VOLUNTEERS NEEDED BEGINNING THIS WEEKEND! As Atrium continues the push to vaccinate one million North Carolinians by July 4th, the event partners are in need of more volunteers to assist with the complimentary parking efforts.
Atrium has asked BOMA to provide volunteers for Saturday, April 17th, Tuesday, April 20th, and Wednesday, April 21st, to assist with directing vaccine clinic traffic at the entrance to the Legacy Union Seven20 Garage at 720 South Church Street.
Available shifts are listed below. Four volunteers are needed for each shift, so friends and family are encouraged to participate as well. Beverages and snacks will be provided.