Vice President - Property Management
Flagship Healthcare Properties (FHP) is a rapidly growing private REIT and commercial real estate investment firm located in Charlotte, NC that specializes in the development, acquisition, management and leasing of medical office properties.
Reporting to the Director of Property Management, the Vice President has direct responsibility for managing and supporting all aspects of the operation within the Carolinas region efficiently and consistent with FHP standards. This role provides strong leadership, training, motivation and oversight to all employees with consistency and accountability. The Vice President will be responsible for continued growth through fostering relationships with existing clients, identifying new business opportunities and evaluating & adjusting the portfolio to maximize overall NOI and ensuring success of the region.
Key responsibilities for region include:
* Develop and implement staff planning for continued growth and provide strong leadership to the team. Utilization of all resources to meet and support company’s goals. Recruit and maintain property management professionals within company’s goals and objectives. Provide mentoring skills to motivate and education for optimal success for each staff member. Perform annual reviews and monitor/track performance to ensure accountability and exemplary performance standards for direct reports. Foster a team building environment with open communication and support. Oversight staff includes (direct and in-direct reports) property managers, property administrators, chief technician, on-site technicians and any other employee classification that may be added to support the region.
* Provide regional budgeting input for property management department and assist Director of Property Management in overall department annual and long term budgeting needs. Accountability on meeting regional expense expectations and continuing to monitor for efficiency and cost savings.
* Solicit and represent FHP in new business endeavors for third party management opportunities, expanded relationships with current clients and seek new opportunities within the region. Maintain and expand strong relationships with tenants and their management teams, hospital systems, trade association, public service organization and other groups within the healthcare industry. Coordinate an annual community service event within the region.
* Implement standard operating procedures to ensure consistent service throughout the region. Periodically attend executive retreat with Director of Property Management for strategic planning for the department. Work directly with Asset Management, Development and Acquisition teams to cultivate growth and provide a resource to those departments. Oversee onboarding procedures for new acquisitions and development and assist in analysis of those assets within region. Communicate with seller’s management team to ensure smooth and transparent transition for tenants and vendors.
* Implement and monitor risk management practices throughout portfolio. Work directly with FHP’s insurance professionals to ensure compliance on accident prevention through building safety, security measures and continued analysis. Ensure timely and detailed incident reporting at the direction of Asset Management and insurance carriers.
* Review and approve annual operating budgets, including 5-year capital budgets for region. Ensure adequate capital is available to support budgets. Recommend reserves for each asset to be approved by Asset Management while ensuring NOI expectations are met. Monitor performance throughout the year of cash flow expectations within region and make recommendations to adjust for optimal success.
* Approve and ensure timely completion of monthly and quarterly financial reports with accuracy and purpose. Reporting to include budget variance reports, reforecasting, income and expense reports and additional requirements tailored to each client. Review and approve CAM estimates and reconciliations working directly with Accounting and Lease Administration.
* Develop proactive rent collection guidelines uniformly throughout region, promptly responding to deviations from collection policy. Monitor and meet monthly with Lease Administration and Property Managers to review delinquencies. Provide guidance on collection efforts, including approval of legal counsel to generate delinquency and default notices if necessary.
* Establish quarterly property inspection program to monitor the efficiency and ensure building standards are being met. Work closely with Managers on deficiencies/concerns with follow up on action items and timeline expectations. Periodically attend practice manager meetings with the property management team to ensure consistency within FHP guidelines and protocol.
* Within specifically targeted properties and at the direction of Asset Management, negotiate tenant renewals where FHP’s in-house or external brokerage is not being utilized.
* Approve invoices exceeding threshold of Property Manager approval, including TI’s, commissions and capital projects.
* Establish guidelines for large construction projects and TI’s within region utilizing construction management contractors and staff. Ensuring contractual obligations are met and the appropriate fees meet lease and management agreement expectations. Ensure guidelines are being followed with protecting the property and managing risk.
* Other projects and responsibilities as assigned.
The Ideal Candidate Will Possess:
* A minimum of ten years’ experience in commercial real estate property management/asset management with direct supervision of property management and maintenance staff. Prefer healthcare industry experience.
* A minimum of three years’ experience in successfully negotiating commercial lease transactions on behalf of landlord or tenant.
* Bachelor’s degree along with current real estate license.
* Prefer CPM, RPA, or CCIM designation.
* Proficient in property management software systems - MRI, Yardi, and AvidXchange and Building Engines.
* Exemplary leadership abilities with a track record of motivating, educating and directing a team to achieve company goals & objectives.
* Excellent written and verbal communication skills, a positive attitude, problem solving abilities, organizational and analytical skills, and a focus on team building.
* The ability to effectively balance the needs of clients and tenants with FHP core principals.
* Attention to detail and self-motivated.
How To Apply
Flagship Healthcare Properties is an Equal Opportunity Employer. This job description is not considered an employment agreement or contract. Management has the right to alter this job description at any time without notice.
Submit resume to David Bowling