The Property Manager helps to ensure long-term occupancy in company properties by providing the highest level of customer service to tenants, maintain the appearance of assigned properties, manage the operating costs, and manage capital expenditures for assigned properties. Hire, train and supervise property management personnel as well as monitoring the overall financial health of all properties within the assigned Portfolio. Position reports to the Senior Property Manager.
- Tenants: Act as main point of contact for tenants, manage move-in & out process. Visit tenants regularly and maintain a positive, productive, and professional relationship. Consistently communicate with tenants and be a resource and problem-solver.
- Property Inspection and Maintenance: Regularly inspect and evaluate all building equipment, systems, and grounds to ensure that the appearance and operation of the company’s properties meet company standards. Identify maintenance needs and follow through with coordination of repairs from bidding process through completion of work. Develop and maintain emergency procedures and preventative maintenance programs for all buildings. Execute or manage approved capital expenditures.
- Work Orders: Oversee the work order system to ensure that tenant service calls are handled to 100% customer satisfaction.
- Contracts: Negotiate contracts with key outside contractors to provide services as required. Ensure that work performed by contractors is performed timely and appropriately and with applicable liability/insurance coverage.
- Financial Responsibility: Develop and manage the annual budgets for assigned properties and ensure properties operate within the approved budget. Review monthly operating reports and explain budget variances. Review quarterly trial balances and ensure proper allocation of service costs. Manage accounts receivable; review delinquencies and help direct course of action for collection. Review operating expense reconciliations.
- Special Projects: Work with Leasing and Development to provide forecasts and financial benchmarks for potential projects, work on tax appeals, create programs to lower and control operating costs. Assist with acquisition and disposition diligence reviews
- Supervision: When applicable, hire, develop and manage Property Managers, Assistant Property Managers and Property Management Administrators. Assist in fostering a team atmosphere within region. Conduct annual performance appraisals, train, and consistently manage, lead and provide direction for all team members.
Nature of work requires an ability to effectively communicate and exchange information, collect, compile and prepare work documents operating standard business office equipment. Ability to work at construction sites, ability to climb and maneuver on building roofs, uneven terrain.
Work performed in a general office environment. May require extended hours during peak periods. Availability for travel up to 50%-70% of the time to property and construction sites for on-site project monitoring and meeting attendance. Exposure to adverse weather conditions, loud noise, and dust conditions at construction sites.
- 5+ years of property or building management experience handling customer service and administrative issues related to real estate management
- Prior supervisory experience preferred
- Demonstrate ability to manage budgets and reporting
- Experience handling capital and tenant improvement projects
- Proficiency in MS Office. Experience with Yardi strongly preferred
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Ability to interpret documents such as leases, safety rules, plans and specifications, operating and maintenance instructions, and procedures manuals
- Ability to speak effectively before tenants or employees of organization
- Self-motivation, determination, and initiative in a team environment
- Demonstrate a high attention to detail
- Ability to multi-task effectively in a fast-paced work environment
- BA or BS in Finance, Real Estate, Business Management; CPM/RPA designation preferred
How To Apply
Link Logistics Real Estate (“Link”) owns and operates the largest U.S.-only portfolio of logistics real estate, leasing warehouse space to everyone from e-commerce giants to mom-and-pop shops. Established by Blackstone in 2019, we combine scale, cutting-edge technology, and logistics expertise to help our customers grow their businesses. Our portfolio includes more than 500 million square feet in dynamic markets nationwide. About 6 percent of U.S. GDP—translating to some $1.4 trillion every year—flows through the space Link customers occupy in our facilities.
Because we believe that good business must be synonymous with doing good, strong environmental, social and governance practices are foundational to our identity as a firm. These practices include setting ambitious goals to combat climate change, partnering with local nonprofits, and prioritizing internal diversity, equity, and inclusion efforts. We seek to use our position, ideas, and influence to drive progress in our industry and the wider world. At Link, we give our customers space to grow—and we give people space to grow, too.