Prologis is the global leader in logistics real estate. We own, manage and develop high-quality properties in the world’s most vibrant centers of commerce, approximately 965 million square feet in 19 countries. Some of the world’s largest brands (e.g., Amazon, BMW, DHL, FedEx, Pepsi) turn to us because they know an efficient supply chain will make their businesses run better, and a strategic relationship with Prologis will create competitive advantage. As the top ranked U.S. company and sixth overall among the Global 100 Most Sustainable Corporations in the World, we take our global footprint seriously.
Do you want to play a role in global commerce?
As a Maintenance Technician, you would be part of a team that strives to provide best in class service to customers in our 4.7 million square feet of industrial buildings in the Charlotte Market. Our customer base is diverse and we’re looking for someone who enjoys working with the biggest names in e-commerce logistics and warehouse operations. With an emphasis on customer service and quality buildings, we have the best of both worlds – a local office of 10 staff members, with the support and sophistication of a large international company.
What’s needed in order to do that:
- Develop and maintain positive relationships with all customers and vendors.
- Responsive to customer’s needs and requests in a timely manner.
- General property maintenance of various buildings and coordinate special projects as directed by the Property Manager.
- Perform proactive/responsive maintenance as requested by customer and property manager.
- Troubleshoot, evaluate and recommend maintenance operations.
- Perform scheduled property inspections.
- Advise the property manager on the overall condition of the properties.
- Coordinate repairs, maintenance and site inspections in various locations / buildings.
- Coordinate capital repairs and maintenance.
- Use the work order system
- Report safety issues as needed.
- Ensure safe and proper storage of all supplies, chemicals, tools, and equipment. Ensure tools and equipment are in optimum condition.
- Responsible for alerting the Property Manager of any unusual occurrence and/or damage that have taken place or that may occur.
- Assist in inspecting, monitoring and documenting all work being performed by outside contractors. Aid the property manager in the evaluation of all service contract requirements and the oversight of property maintenance contracts.
- Be ready to respond immediately to emergency situations and concerns.
- Attend and complete all required training.
- Requires a High School Diploma or General Education Degree (GED).
- Minimum of three years in a skilled maintenance work in the commercial real estate industry.
- Knowledge of basic building maintenance.
- Knowledge and experience in more than one of the following: carpentry, plumbing, electrical, painting, landscaping and heating/cooling (HVAC) systems.
- Ability to work outdoors the majority of the day.
- Demonstrated ability to manage multiple projects and tasks on a daily basis. Ability to organize and prioritize work assignments. Good record keeping for work orders, parts orders, inventory and service/customer follow-up.
- Ability to carry out specific oral and written instructions.
- Ability to work independently.
- This is a field position that requires twisting, bending and lifting during the course of completing work assignments.
- Excellent customer service and interpersonal skills. Proven ability to communicate effectively with customers, peers, management, contractors and vendors.
- Requires a valid Texas driver’s license, good driving record and the ability to travel to multiple properties.
- As business dictates, able to work extended/flexible hours (e.g., nights/weekends/on-call).
How To Apply
Each of us working at Prologis plays an essential role in the enduring success of our company. We value people who are decisive, courageous and adaptable. While we are one company, locations and departments operate with autonomy and accountability. Individuals take the initiative here.
When you join Prologis, you work shoulder to shoulder with some of the top talent in the industry to do the best work of your career. Every employee belongs. Every employee contributes. Employees advance their careers here.
As a successful global enterprise, Prologis has never lost sight of what matters most, our strong belief that our people are the most important part of our business. And because of that, we provide a generous total rewards package and take a lot of time to focus on quality management and leadership development. People come first here.
All job offers are contingent upon successful completion of drug screen and background verification. Prologis is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religions, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.