General Property Manager
When you join Hines, you will work alongside innovative leaders who set the standards responsible for our reputation as an industry leader today, and you’ll be a part of shaping our future in the years to come.
As a General Property Manager with Hines, you will function as the lead management person for a large complex building in an assigned portfolio and ensures operations are maintained with the guidelines of approved business plans, budgets, and quarterly action plans. Responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
- Provide guidance to property management staff in the application of the planning.
- Review of the Annual Business Plan and Budget, presenting documents to the Director - Property Management for approval.
- Review and recommend semi-annual action plans to the Director.
- Collaborate with Property Management as needed to ensure building operations and physical plants are in compliance with operating and service standards.
- Recommend appropriate staffing levels and hire, supervise and coordinate activities of staff while assuring compliance to Hines standards.
- Ensure that all required financial information is submitted in an accurate and timely manner.
- Assist with day to day operations as needed.
- Handle various Human Resource related responsibilities.
- Maintain ethical, professional, and courteous relations with contractors and tenants.
- Establish and maintain a cooperative working relationship with the entire operation staff and perform as a team member.
- Adhere to all Hines and property policies and procedures and perform all duties in a safe manner.
- Actively participate and make presentations in required training activities and seminars.
- Establish vision and goals for department personnel.
- Participate in regional and firm-wide initiatives and assignments.
- Assist the Property Manager with establishing vision and goals for the property.
- Initiate market leading events and activities including identifying differentiated vendor partnerships, timelines, budgets, etc.
- Cultivate relationships across departments and business functions in order to foster effective teamwork
- Assume additional responsibilities as delegated by Director – Property Management.
Minimum Requirements include:
- Bachelor’s degree in business administration or related field from an accredited institution
- Ten or more years of related management experience
- P&L responsibility and budgetary experience required
- Successful completion of the Hines Property Management Program Training or equivalent real estate knowledge
- Interact with employees, visitors and contractors with poise and diplomacy
- Provide leadership to all property personnel
- Maintain a calm demeanor in emergencies
- Compose business letters, expositions, summaries, and reports, using proper format, punctuation, grammar, diction and style.
- Speak before an audience with confidence, using appropriate communication skills/style.
- Demonstrate strong initiative and customer service orientation.
- Establish and maintain a cooperative working atmosphere among staff.
- Exchange ideas, information, and opinions with others to formulate policies and programs and/or arrive jointly at decisions, conclusions, or solutions.
- Perform numerical and financial calculations.
- Analyze and interpret various types of data in order to draw conclusions and solve problems.
- Demonstrate proficiency in Microsoft Office software.