Company: Cushman & Wakefield
Job Type: Full Time
Date Available: 4/27/2022
Responsible for managing a major high rise property, a portfolio of properties for a single client, a large investment property, client-occupied campus, or a corporate client with multiple locations. Accountable for all business, financial, and management aspects of the assigned asset(s) and employees.
ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS AND RESPONSIBILITIES
• Implement the approved strategic management plan for the asset(s). Has primary responsibility for the day-to-day operations to assure that all site operations are in compliance with established policies and procedures of client and C&W, the management agreement, and are consistent with client’s overall objectives
• Oversee the preparation of the annual budget and management plan, monthly financial reports, variance reports, and CAM reconciliations for the client. Responsible for reviewing and approving all reports prior to delivering to the client
• Adhere to the approved budget with primary responsibility for cash flow forecasts, reforecasts, funding requests. Also responsible for reviewing real estate tax assessments and engaging tax consultants when necessary and as approved by client
• Conduct site inspections at a minimum on a monthly basis. Ensure a property inspection program is in place and implemented
• Monitor and enforce the terms of all lease agreements, the billing and payment of rents in compliance with the leases
• Oversee and approve the creation and maintenance of all site specific documentation and initiatives including, but not limited to, tenant handbooks, tenant anniversary programs, and other tenant retention programs, training meetings for tenants, site operations manuals and emergency procedures manuals
• Primarily responsible for controlling the procurement, contracting, and expenditure processes per policies of the client and C&W. Collaborate with client accounting to ensure the client’s and C&W’s policies and procedures, including C&W’s SOC Controls, are adhered to
• Oversee all construction projects and delegate components of the projects, where possible, to ensure accurate and timely completion
• Ensure regulatory compliance and effective management of risk and liability for both client and C&W
• Establish and maintain positive relationships with tenants and client
• Hire, train, and supervise management staff. Responsible for performance management, salary reviews, goal setting
• Participate in negotiation of service contracts to achieve highest levels of performance at competitive pricing in compliance with the client’s and C&W’s policies and procedures. Ensure team is overseeing vendors and accountability measures are in place
• Ensure processes and procedures are in place for the following (not limited to): certificates of insurance tracking for tenants and vendors, tenant move ins/outs, work order systems and tracking of preventative and proactive work orders, above standard bill backs
This job operates in a professional office environment. This role routinely uses standard office equipment such as computers, phones, photocopiers, filing cabinets and fax machines.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to communicate with others and exchange accurate information; operate a computer and other office productivity machinery; move about the workplace; remain in a stationary position for 85% of the time; and extend hands and arms in any direction.
This job description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive list of activities, duties or responsibilities that are required of the employee. Other duties, responsibilities and activities may change or be assigned at any time with or without notice.
1. Financial Acumen
2. Customer Focus (internal and external)
3. Communication Proficiency (oral and written)
4. Time Management Skills
5. People Management Skills
• Bachelor’s Degree in Business Administration or related discipline
• 5-8 years of commercial property management and senior property management experience
• Extensive experience in analysing and negotiating commercial lease and/or contract language
• Proven experience in management/evaluation/development/motivation of subordinates
ADDITIONAL ELIGIBILITY QUALIFICATIONS
• CPM and/or RPA comparable experience in a senior leadership role; active participation in local and national chapters preferred
• Real Estate License
• Thorough understanding of financial reporting and variance analysis
• Extremely high sense of urgency tied to internal and external customer service focus with proven ability to employ a high level of time management skills focused on prioritization and delegation
How To Apply
Send resume to Pam Deville
C&W provides equal employment opportunity to all individuals regardless of their race, color, creed, religion, gender, age, sexual orientation, national origin, disability, veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by state, federal, or local law. Further, C&W takes affirmative action to ensure that applicants are employed and employees during employment are treated without regard to any of these characteristics. Discrimination of any type will not be tolerated.