Commercial Property Manager
Founded in 1989, Beacon Partners is one of the largest privately held owners of industrial and office properties in the Carolinas. We have invested over $1.4B in real estate projects and developed and acquired in excess of 22M SF. Today we lease, own or manage more than 9M SF of property throughout the Carolinas. Our primary focus is acquiring and developing well located industrial and urban infill office and mixed-use properties.
ABOUT THE POSITION
We are currently seeking a Property Manager to join our growing team in Charlotte. The property manager’s primary responsibility will be to partner with our existing in-house property management team on our company owned and third-party client’s office, mixed use and industrial portfolio in the greater Charlotte Market. The Property Manager will report to the COO or Asset Manager and will play a critical role within our organization. The ideal candidate must be a problem-solver with excellent communication skills and a strong client-service focus. The candidate should also be highly analytical, decisive, and be able to operate independently.
* Responsible for maintaining assigned properties in good order and condition by contracting and scheduling necessary repairs and maintenance.
* Establish and maintain tenant relationships. Answer tenant phone calls, letters, and requests for information and repairs. Visit tenants when on-site. Refer tenants to vendors when appropriate.
* Negotiate all vendor contracts. Receive and review bids to ensure appropriate level of service and compare pricing points.
* Supervise all vendors, including scheduling work to be performed, verifying that all work was completed as per contract or agreement and within price structure agreed upon. Request Insurance Certificates.
* Prepare annual budgets for properties based on management agreements and instructions from owner’s representative. Prepare operating budget, income projections and assist in leasing projections, capital budgets, advertising budget and schedule, escalations, and year-end projections. Responsible for bringing building operations in within budget.
* Prepare management reports containing variance reports and any other required explanations concerning financial package.
* Prepare annual reconciliation of common area maintenance charges, insurance, and real estate taxes for each tenant account and secure payment from tenants and follows up as necessary to collect.
* Review and approve monthly accounting reports for properties (General ledger package, vacancy report, miscellaneous reports requested by owner)
* Coordinate Tenant Move-In (welcome letter, signage, keys, emergency procedures, etc.)
* Coordinate Tenant Move-Out (suite walk-through, security deposit, keys, cleaning, etc.)
* Review invoices for approval, coding, and compliance with budget.
* Approval of rent-up reports prior to monthly posting by accounting.
* Track utility and regular maintenance charges to ensure payment.
* Responsible for timely collection of all tenant charges.
* Walk each property managed at least once a month, covering all areas of the properties. Prepare written reports for follow-up with vendors.
* Visit each tenant at least four (4) times per year.
* Responsible for administrative activities such as completing lease paperwork including approving and accepting the Lease Abstract, maintaining property records, preparing routine reports, processing accounting data, and processing work orders.
* Assist as neeeded during lease negotiations and occasionally show space in absence of leasing agent.
* Responsible for 24 hour “on call” as scheduled.
EDUCATION, EXPERIENCE, AND CERTIFICATIONS
* Associates or Bachelor’s degree required.
* A minimum of three (3) years of commercial property management experience managing office, industrial or mixed-use properties.
* Strong understanding of real estate operating & capital budgets, and property operations.
* Current Real Estate License, preferred.
* CPM and/or RPA designation, desirable.
* Experience in budget preparation, financial reporting, lease negotiation and familiarity with budget systems such MRI, Kardin, and Argus is preferred.
* Strong proficiency in Excel and MS Office suite.
CRITICAL CHARACTER TRAITS, SKILLS AND ABILITIES:
* Only individuals with the highest personal character will be considered. High Integrity, a desire to pursue excellence, a strong work ethic, optimism, a strong desire to serve others, and a commitment to doing business the right way are prerequisites for consideration.
* A team player with outstanding verbal and written communication skills and an ability to build strong relationships with our internal stakeholders.
* Ability to multi-task, solve practical problems and deal with a variety of variables and situations.
* Ability to read, analyze, and interpret legal documents (leases, management agreements, etc.).
MINIMUM PHYSICAL REQUIREMENTS
* The physical demands of the job require the employee to stand, walk, bend, sit for extended periods of time and occasionally lift, carry and/or move items. Additionally, the employee will be required to drive to a property, walk on uneven ground, walk through a construction site and occasionally be exposed to dust or fumes.
How To Apply
Qualified candidates, please email your resume to firstname.lastname@example.org. No calls or other correspondence, please.