Building Maintenance Engineer
The primary responsibilities of the Building Maintenance Engineer are to ensure the efficient and proper daily operation of all building systems and equipment for Spectrum managed office properties. The individual should possess the necessary experience and technical skills to execute an in-depth preventative maintenance and inspection program of all building MEP and life safety systems. This position will manage all tenant work requests requiring professional interpersonal skills when interacting with the clients.
The Building Maintenance Engineer will report directly to the Engineering Operations Manager to inform of any conditions affecting the safety and comfort of properties and client services to preserve the like new condition of the properties and maintain proper satisfaction of all tenants.
Duties & Responsibilities:
• Organize and prioritize multiple tasks, effectively solve problems in stressful situations, and consistently make effective, high-quality decisions within a face paced environment.
• Work with vendors and contractors regarding installations, preventative maintenance, and operations to building and equipment ensuring that all safety procedures and guidelines are followed.
• Complete assigned preventative maintenance tasks for various infrastructural building equipment.
• Respond to tenant related work orders and requests using a web-based work order system. • Complete and maintain routine building inspection logs and report of any deficiencies.
• Respond to and perform special requests as designated from building management.
• Assist with maintaining up-to-date files of building plans, equipment specifications and all maintenance longs as required by Owner/Building Management.
• Respond to building emergencies as needed and as directed in accordance with the building life safety program.
• Order supplies and parts for delivery and/or pick up as approved and directed by Engineering and Operations Manager and /or Property Management.
• Participate in and maintain compliant universal hazardous waste program.
• Ensure a safe work environment while maintaining a clean and organized work area.
• Maintain a courteous and professional work ethic, appearance, and attitude.
• Participate in on-call response rotation for after-hours building emergencies or issues.
• HVAC, plumbing, or electrical experience strongly recommended.
• Proficient use of hand and power tools required.
• Demonstrate the ability to understand the engineering design and operational aspects of the base building systems.
• Recognize performance deficiencies and respond to operational and emergency situations.
• Competence with Microsoft Office, Excel, and Outlook. Use of company assigned computer and smart phone.
• Capable of training for the proficient use of building automation system, fire alarm control systems and other various building related technology systems.
• Strong leadership and communication skills are essential.
• Ability to troubleshoot, diagnose and repair various MEP or other building related issues and problems.
• Knowledge in reading and understanding of building systems drawings and specifications. • Maintaining professional, positive attitude towards all team members and tenants.
• Ability to formulate ideas into detailed operations with tactical execution.
• Able to work autonomously with a high degree of motivation to achieve goals.
• Strong customer focus and highly resourceful – “a no job is too small” attitude.
Benefits: • 401(k) • Insurance – health, dental, vision, life • Flex spending • Paid holidays • Paid time off – vacation and sick Schedule: • Full time – day shift • Overtime as needed, with approval • On-call rotation with team
• High School Diploma or equivalent required.
• 5+ years’ experience in commercial building maintenance.
• Trade experience, certification, or license a plus.
• Ability to establish strong interpersonal relations with team members, tenants, and vendors.