Assistant Property Manager
Founded in 1989, Beacon Partners is one of the largest privately held owners of industrial and office properties in the Carolinas. We have invested over $2.2B in real estate projects and developed and acquired more than 29.2M SF. Today we lease, own, or manage more than 12.5M SF of property throughout the Carolinas. Our primary focus is acquiring and developing well located industrial and urban infill office and mixed-use properties but at our core, we work to serve others by reinvesting into the future of our community. ABOUT THE POSITION We are currently seeking an Assistant Property Manager (APM) to join our growing team in Charlotte. The APM’s primary responsibility will be to support our existing Office property management team in the Charlotte Market. The APM will report to a Senior Property Manager and play a crucial role within our organization. The ideal candidate must be a problem-solver with excellent communication skills, have a desire to learn and a strong client-service focus. The candidate should also be highly analytical, decisive, and be able to operate independently.
• Maintain and update all files and network directories associated with conducting property management functions including Lease files, building maintenance files and certificates of Insurance (COI’s).
• Assist Customer Service Coordinator with follow-up on tenant work orders as necessary and daily operational communications.
• Prepare, send and follow-up as necessary on formal written communications and notices to tenants.
• Assist PM(s) with obtaining vendor proposals, awarding work and scheduling property services.
• Prepare, send and track all vendor written agreements, contracts and notices.
• Manage Janitorial Vendor across portfolio and monitor tenant satisfaction. Conduct regular building inspections to monitor performance.
• Prepare, update and distribute tenant handbooks/emergency procedures. Direct annual tenant safety training and coordinate building fire drills.
• Plan and execute tenant appreciation events in coordination with Customer Service Coordinator.
• Assist PM(s) with Tenant Move In/Move Out procedures.
• Assist with resolving vendor invoice discrepancies and questions when payments are misapplied, or invoices are not received.
• Support the goals and objectives for each property and PM(s) by completing additional tasks as necessary.
EDUCATION, EXPERIENCE, AND CERTIFICATIONS
• Bachelor’s degree preferred.
• Three (3) years of commercial property management administrative support experience preferred conducting tenant relations at office, industrial or mixed-use properties.
• Strong proficiency in Excel and MS Office suite.
CRITICAL CHARACTER TRAITS, SKILLS AND ABILITIES:
• Only individuals with the highest personal character will be considered. High Integrity, a desire to pursue excellence, a strong work ethic, optimism, curiosity, a strong desire to serve others, and a commitment to doing business the right way are prerequisites for consideration.
• A team player with outstanding verbal and written communication skills and an ability to build strong relationships with our internal stakeholders.
• Ability to multi-task, solve practical problems and deal with a variety of variables and situations.
• Ability to read, analyze, and interpret legal documents (leases, management agreements, etc.).
MINIMUM PHYSICAL REQUIREMENTS
• The physical demands of the job require the employee to stand, walk, bend, sit for extended periods of time and occasionally lift, carry and/or move items. Additionally, the employee will be required to drive to a property, walk on uneven ground, walk through a construction site and occasionally be exposed to dust or fumes.
How To Apply
Compensation - Salary with bonus potential and full benefits package.
Qualified candidates, please email your resume to email@example.com.
No calls or other correspondence, please.