Assistant Property Manager
Location: Dimensional Place, Southend Charlotte
Job Type: Full Time
Date Available: 7/12/2021
Customer Relations and Property Management
- Develops and maintains positive customer relations by creating and sustaining good will between landlord and customer and by providing consistently responsive quality service
- Participates in the communication flow related to customer move-ins and move-outs.
- Coordinates and assists with customer events, receptions and orientations.
- Meets one on one with customers on a regular basis to communicate building current events and solicit feedback. Prepares customer engagement program to maintain satisfaction with the building amenities and services.
- Oversees the property website and assures that information is current and correct.
- Performs property inspections to determine risk management liabilities, to assure that preventive maintenance and cleaning are performed according to contract standards and company policy, and to develop the capital improvement plan.
- Prepares property status reports, building inspection reports, tracking reports, correspondence and files.
- Assists in management of contracted services for property maintenance. Conducts competitive bid and selection process through use of standardized request for proposal and bid summary analysis. Acts as liaison between service providers and Property Management.
- Assists in the training, supervision, and action of staff under the property emergency response program. Assists with evacuation drills and response to any emergency, including after hours as needed to secure, protect and arrange repairs under emergency conditions.
- Participates in construction projects including capital improvements, customer improvements, and major repairs. Collaborates with the Construction Manager, Property Manager and Chief Engineer in design plan review, administration of contracts, quality control, and project delivery.
- Assists in preparing the operating budget: revenue, expenses, capital plan, and operating expense management.
- Works with Property Managers in preparing monthly financial reports such as accruals, budget variance reports, and forecast reports.
- Reviews and approves monthly recurring billing and miscellaneous billing.
- Reconciles monthly invoices of the major service providers (i.e., janitorial, security, trash removal, etc.) to ensure accuracy, and prepares reports for billing monthly.
- Understands methods of calculating operating expense prorate shares, prepares and reviews calculations, and approves customer statements.
- Responsible for reviewing and approving invoices. Works with Administrative Manager on accounts receivable, collection activities and maintenance of accounts payable on a current basis.
- In conjunction with Administrative Manager and Property Manager, completes operating expense review and Customer calculation sheet preparation.
- Prepares annual rental letter communication to Customers.
- Administers leases on matters pertaining to contractual performance, including leasehold rights and landlord and customer obligations.
- Prepares rental commencement letters and lease required notices.
- Reviews lease abstracts provided by Lease Administration.
- Supports the Leasing team by preparing vacant space and participating in tours.
- Reviews lease draft language from counsel to incorporate property specific terms.
Required Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
- A minimum of 2 years commercial property management experience.
- Bachelor's degree is preferred.
- A high school diploma required. Valid driver's license is required.
- Must work well with others and interact positively with customers.
- Must possess excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Must be detail-oriented, well organized and can manage time and multiple projects efficiently to achieve the required results.
- Proficient use of Microsoft Office suite (including Word, Excel, PowerPoint and Outlook), property management software, web-based software systems, and electronic file organization in a shared server environment is required.
- Must be able to define problems, collect data, establish facts, and draw valid conclusions.
- Responsiveness – Needs to perform responsibilities with an acute sense of urgency to meet the needs of others; respond to solve problems; willing to accept a variety of tasks associated with this position.
- Customer Service – Demonstrate optimum customer service delivery while performing all job functionss
- Integrity - Demonstrate sound business ethics; consistently comply with organizational values; protect confidential information.
- Communication - Able to clearly express ideas; present verbal information in a straightforward manner; ask questions in order to open channels of communication; listen to understand perspective of others.