Appalachia Service ProjectWhen: 5/12/2022 - 5/15/2022
Join BOMA Greater Charlotte and IREM Western NC for a joint volunteer opportunity with Appalachia Service Project, May 13 and May 14 in Johnson City, Tennessee. This project has limited space and can accommodate a total of 20 volunteers from our two associations (10 BOMA/10 IREM).
Appalachia Service Project is an organization whose mission is to make homes in Appalachia warmer, safer and drier for needy families. Read about ASP here. ASP is a faith-based organization, but it is optional to join any activities besides what is related to our building projects. Projects are completed by teams of 5-7 and can include installing drywall, building exterior steps, laying tile, repair floors, painting and more.
- Thursday, May 12: carpool to Johnson City, TN
- Friday, May 13: 8AM orientation | 9AM - 4PM project work
- Saturday, May 14: 9AM - 4PM project work
- Registration is $50/person to cover construction materials
- Hotel estimates: $135/per person, per night
- Brown bag lunch & dinners out
List of Attendees