BOMA Greater Charlotte Scholarships
Due to the generosity of our Annual Platinum Sponsors, we are able to offer scholarships to our membership. Please see local scholarship application deadlines in parentheses for each class.
Requirements for the scholarship are as follows:
- Real Estate Investment and Finance April 27, 27 & 29, 2022 (Scholarship applications are due by 5PM on Friday, April 15, 2022)
- Environmental Health and Safety Issues June 1, 2 & 3, 2022 (Scholarship applications are due by 5PM on Friday, May 20, 2022)
- The Design, Operation and Maintenance of Building Systems, Part II August 2, 3, 9 & 11, 2022 (Scholarship applications are due by 5PM on Friday, July 22, 2022)
- Ethics if Good Business Shortcourse September 15, 2022 (Scholarship applications are due by 5PM on Friday, September 2, 2022)
- Asset Management November 16, 17 & 18, 2022 (Scholarship applications are due by 5PM on Friday, November 4, 2022)
- Be a current member of BOMA Greater Charlotte
- Be available to take this class on the dates it is scheduled for
- Understand that the balance of the class will be the responsibility of the student or their company
To apply for the scholarship, please e-mail Heather Hopkins (firstname.lastname@example.org) by the due date. Your e-mail should outline your current role in Commercial Property Management and how this class will help you to obtain future goals.
J. Michael Coleman Scholarship Fund for Emerging Professionals
In honor of Mike Coleman, who retired in 2016 after more than 30 years with AlliedBarton (now Allied Universal) Security. Mike has touched the lives of every member of BOMA, promoting the highest level of customer service as Vice President of Commercial Real Estate for Allied Universal, and supporting BOMA International and BOMA local associations through sponsorships and leadership. Mike is an active member of BOMA Philadelphia, a BOMA Fellow, and has served on the BOMA Foundation Board and BOMA International Executive Committee. The mission of the J. Michael Coleman Scholarship fund is to support young and emerging professionals in their careers and in their investment in BOMA.
J. Michael Coleman Scholarship
Take the first step in building a successful career in commercial real estate with the new Certified Manager of Commercial Properties (CMCP). Designed for early-career property professionals who are looking to validate their industry knowledge, this new certification will take your career to the next level.
· Offers recognition early in one's career (typically 15 years of experience).
· Requires 30-hours of instruction (met by the Exam Preparation Course below).
· Validates foundational knowledge in key areas of property management.
· Evaluates readiness for additional training, responsibilities and career advancement.
· Quickly assists employers with on-boarding new property managers and assessing industry knowledge and career potential.
Applications are accepted quarterly and are due: March 1, June 1, September 1, December 1, click here for more information!
J. Bradley Kennedy Scholarship
Established in 2011, BOMI International created the J. Bradley Kennedy Scholarship in honor of Mr. J. Bradley (Brad) Kennedy's focus on excellence, and his lifelong commitment to education. Brad served on BOMI International's Board of Trustees for 17 years, resulting in his appointment as Chairman Emeritus in 2010. His commitment and loyalty to the development of continuing education in the property management industry remained steadfast throughout his long career, culminating in serving as a property manager for The White House.
Funded through contributions from friends and colleagues, the scholarship provides an educational opportunity for a deserving individual who is currently entering, pursuing, or engaged in a career in the property or facility management industries who demonstrates a financial need.
The J. Bradley Kennedy Scholarship was established as a way to strengthen the workforce and help assure that industry professionals have access to higher education in order to advance their careers.
Completed applications are evaluated in an objective and nondiscriminatory manner by an independent selection committee comprised of experienced industry members. Details on scholarship requirements and policies are in the form attached. Click here for details.The application process opens in March each year, and closes in June.